My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. ~Psalm 62:1

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Will Praise You in This Storm

I'm writing this post with a heavy heart, but I feel it's necessary to share this. Most of you have heard the news by now. Last week at about 7 weeks of pregnancy, I miscarried again. We were blessed to see our baby and its heartbeat on an ultrasound before the miscarriage. Anyone who says that it's not a life at this stage or any stage after conception is fooling themselves, but I won't go there right now.
We've been so blessed with friends and family praying for us, bringing us meals, helping with childcare during my doctor visits, and calling or stopping by to check on us. I'm really overwhelmed with all the support we've been given and all the people God has put into our lives to lift us up during this difficult time.
I know God has a plan and that plan is perfect, but in my humanness, I want to make my plan fit into His and have control of my life. It's hard during these times to trust in Him, but all week I could feel Him saying to me "I know the plans I have for you." I know He's with me and holding me now. He's the same loving God, no matter where I stand or what I'm going through. So I'm going to trust Him with all of my children, those I'm blessed to have with me and those who are with Him. I know we're going to be ok, because we have the Lord, and He gives us hope and a peace that "surpasses all understanding." Without Him, we have nothing.

I felt compelled a few weeks ago to post a song on Facebook for anyone who was going through a hard time, which I'm sure is not a coincidence that now I need to hear it. I'll share the lyrics with you and here's the youtube video I posted if you would like to hear it too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2rLXr3cEU

Praise You in This Storm -- Casting Crowns
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away

Chorus

I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

4 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you all. I am here for you, Laura. I will be praying for you. My you feel Gods arms around you at this most difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are thinking of you all. We miss you!

    Love,
    Jeannie, Jason, Lexi, and Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss... be well, we are praying for you! love, Trish

    ReplyDelete